Interesting...I didn't realise that that much was still functional. :-) I
will have to revisit and see what the scope of potential fixes is.

AHS

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Paussa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February 27, 2002 12:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: markers

Hi Bart,

I've done some playing with markers also and gotten them to work pretty
well. One of the things I've noticed is that FOP complains mightily
about both "fo:marker must be an initial child"" and "marker-class-name'
must be unique for same parent."but, they are recoverable errors and can
be ignored.

Here's an XML and XSL to demonstrate the capabilities. Notice that I
place a marker at the beginning and end of each marked block (That's
strictly illegal! But it works) I also have placed an "x" in the illegal
marker contents so you can see the illegal retrieval. I do that so that
the functions first-including-carryover and last-ending-within-page will
work. Arved did a great job of implementing markers, you just have to
break the rules for now (and be prepared to unbreak the rules  when FOP
has a correct implementation)

fop -xsl dictionary.xsl -xml dictionary.xml -pdf dictionary.pdf

Chuck