It would be. However, we had to present the data that we presented in an
HTML table
in an instant in Excel and this was the easiest way to make sure that the
customer
did not have to perform any action in Excel to view the data (so no
imports/formatting necessary).

Apart from that, the whole thing was meant as an extra feature in an HTML
reporting system.