Sebastien,

Hmmmm. Here's a piece of code which should work but, it creates an invalid PDF and generates [error] org.apache.fop.layout.BlockArea. I don't know why. You should be able to get the parent block's positions using the from-parent() function. And, I thought I'd done it successfully once.

Anyone with some clues?

Chuck Paussa

Sebastien Foucault wrote:

Thank's for that piece of advice but I'm rather looking for a solution allowing to position elements in a relative way.

The problem is that I want to design absolute-positionned blocks but, because I don't know the number of times a block will be repeated and hence it's Y position, I cannot use an absolute positionning.

Regards
--
Sébastien Foucault

Chuck Paussa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sebastien,

They are on block-container. I don't know about block but here's some code I use:

<fo:block-container height="4.5in" width="7.2in" top="{$calcRemitBoxTop}mm" left="0in" position="absolute">

Chuck Paussa

Sebastien Foucault wrote:

Hello,

Are relative position attributes implemented in fop (either on block element or on block-container element) ?
If so how to make them work ?

Thank's in advance
--
Sébastien Foucault

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
	<fo:layout-master-set>
		<fo:simple-page-master master-name="simplet" page-width="240mm" page-height="100mm" margin-top="1in" margin-right="1in" margin-left="1in" margin-bottom="1in">
			<fo:region-before extent="1in"/>
			<fo:region-body margin-top="1in"/>
		</fo:simple-page-master>
	</fo:layout-master-set>
	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="simplet">
		<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
			<fo:block>Region before
			</fo:block>
		</fo:static-content>
		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:block>Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body
			Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body
			Region body Region
			<fo:block-container height="5mm" width="10mm" left="from-parent(left)" top="from-parent(top)" position="absolute">
				<fo:block>HELLO</fo:block>
			</fo:block-container>
			body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body
			Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body Region body
			</fo:block>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>