Look at the fop.sh script and see what is it that you're missing. I normally
run fop like this:

/usr/local/java/fop/fop.sh -xml why-naginata.xml -xsl xsl/fo/cal.xsl -pdf
naginata.pdf

Note that you can specify additional classpath on the fop.sh script. See if
the fop.sh script works and let us know. It may also have to do with the
fact that J2SDK1.4 comes with older versions of Xerces and Xalan bundled by
default and it will use the ones bundled over those on your classpath.

See if fop.sh works and if it doesn't consider downgrading to 1.3

Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"If there is artificial intelligence, doesn't that imply there is also
artificial stupidity!"