Hi,

I try to define a table with property border-collapse="collapse". But It
doesn't work??

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Steppacher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 3:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Border a row?

> I'm trying to border a row in a table by using following properties :
>
> <fo:table-row border-color="silver" border-width="0.5mm"
> border-style="solid">
>       <fo:table-cell>
>               <fo:block>N/A</fo:block>
>       </fo:table-cell>
> </fo:table-row>
>
> But, It doesn't work ? What I miss?

Did you set border-collapse="collapse" or
border-collapse="collapse-with-precedence" for your table? If you have
not, border properties can not be applied to table-rows and you have to
generate your border on the cell level.

See the specification at http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table-row:

NOTE:
Only the background properties from this set apply. If the value of
border-collapse is "collapse" or "collapse-with-precedence" for the
table the border properties also apply.

HTH
Ralf