My web application needs to generate a variety of client forms.  These are
typical boilerplate forms, but are customized by having the client
information printed in it.  From what I gather from reading the various
literature it sounds like the following steps need to be performed:

1. create a boilerplate XML file (non-FO) that has all of the static text.
2. at runtime modify this XML file to insert the custom text (e.g., client
name)
3. transform the XML file to XSL-FO
4. send the resultant XSL-FO file to FOP

Is this correct, or am I taking the scenic route here?  Pointers to examples
would be most appreciated.  Everything I've seen so far has been purely
static text.

thanks.