I had the same error and it was due to the attribute::master-name instead
of attribute::master-reference in <fo:page-sequence> and
<fo:conditional-page-master-reference>

solution: replace master-name with master-reference in the mentioned
fo-items and it should work !

                    "Robert

                    Wachter"             To:     "FOP User" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    de>                  Subject:     WG: Re: FOP FO to MIF
transformation not working?

                    27/05/2002

                    15:28

                    Please

                    respond to

                    fop-user

Hi,

I may be missing something obvious, but FOP does not appear to run MIF
conversions. I attempted to convert simple.fo from  examples/fo to MIF and
received the following output:

fop simple.fo -mif simple.mif
[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3rc
[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[INFO]: rendering areas to MIF
[INFO]: [1]
[ERROR]: null

All other formats work fine. Do I need to any special FO directives for MIF
to process?

Thanks,
Robert