for example a 17 page document takes 100 seconds..

it has a  header, footer and one long table as the body.
peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyril Rognon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 10:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: speed

Hello,

I am wondering how slow your FOP project is. Could you give us some figures
please ?

We are rendering 20 to 500 pages documents with a 1,5 or 2 pages per
seconds rate. This speed is convenient for the use we make of FOP.

We have many long tables in our documents, and a few images.

What about you ?

About the threading request : if FOP process uses most of the CPU, it would
not be usefull to multiply the used threads.
You could achieve something if you part your FO source and spread it across
a pool of FOP server that would handle each part and then merge the
resulting files into one (using iText or some other pdf package).

Hope that helps.

Cyril

At 09:45 03/06/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there any way to speed up FOP rendering?  Can you specify to the Driver
>Class to use x number of threads?

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.