I get it.  Do you know if I can similarly limit the number of instances of a
servlet to one?

Mike Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: Savino, Matt C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 2:17 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Performance Guidance

I mean every other thread has to wait. I have the FOP processor wrapped in a
stateless session bean and I limit the number of instances of that bean to
one. This is because of the serious performance drop-off we see when FOP is
run more than once concurrently. I'm still working out some of the details.

Matt Savino