[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Recently we had a sales demo of the Actuate Java Edition reporting tool.
The tool provides a Swing interface to assist in formatting the layout, and
it also can connect to RDBMS data sources to provide drag-n-drop additions
of report data elements.

Question:  Does anybody out there have any experience with the Actuate Java
Edition tool?  The GUI format designer would be nice, but I'm guessing not
as flexible as using XSL stylesheets as in FOP.

If you interested in a GUI for XSL-FO and FOP, check http://www.xslfast.com/

It produces XSL-FO or PDF directly, Since it also produces XSLT, you can use FOP totally independent of XSLfast.

Stephan Albers