Matthias Kräuter wrote:

my old problem still exists. The stacktrace now shows line numbers but I
don´t think it helps very much. I tried newer versions of Xalan (2.4D1)
and Xerces (2.1.0) but nothing changed.

My supplied Document  is not read from file but is a transformation result
I´m holding in memory. I than inserted a document fragment with an
fo:table into it with database data. Could there be a problem with the
namespaces in this  fragment?

How do you build your Document object? Make sure you are using namespace-aware DocumentBuilderFactory, which is not namesapce aware by default. Try
dfactory.setNamespaceAware(true);

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team