On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 16:17, Alexander Koppelhuber wrote:
> if block-container.height >= img.height and block-container.width <
> img.width then
> the image gets scaled to the width of the block-containter (gets smaller);
>
> if bloc-container.height >= img.height and block-container.width >=
> img.width then
> the image gets rendered according to the image size (no scaling is done)
>
> if bloc-container.height < img.height then no image is rendered
> no matter which values are used for width

This is because the line containing the image cannot fit within the
block container so it displays nothing. The correct behaviour should put
the image there as normal and then handle the overflow.

> content-width and content-height do not have any effect at all
>

> I hope that this behaviour isn't just coincidence.

It doesn't sound totally correct.

There is some scaling done, that attempts to make it fit on the page
(not block container) that scales down to the area width and the page
height.
This appears to be causing the behaviour you are observing.

I'm not sure how you could work around the problem.