From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 12:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: xml string input to XSLTInputHandler?

This is an extract from the tutorial I'm currently writing. It's not
using XSLTInputHandler but JAXP (javax.xml.transform...) to do the XSL
transformation.  I've modified it slightly so you can use a String as
input.

        File xslt;
        File pdf;
        String xml;

        //Construct driver
        Driver driver = new Driver();

        //Setup logger
        Logger logger = new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.ConsoleLogger();
        driver.setLogger(logger);
        MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);

        //Setup Renderer (output format)
        driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);

        //Setup output
        OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(pdf);
        try {
            driver.setOutputStream(out);

            //Setup XSLT
            Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslt));

            //Setup input for XSLT transformation
            Source src = new StreamSource(new java.io.StringReader(xml));

            //Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be piped through
to FOP
            Result res = new SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler());

            //Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
            transformer.transform(src, res);
        } finally {
            out.close();
        }

On 05.12.2002 16:50:00 Ciot, Thierry wrote:
> How do I pass an XML string to XSLTInputHandler?  As far as I can tell
this
> class only accepts a file.
> Should I use another class?
>
> I am trying to embed fop into a program.  I have some XML in a String
object
> and I wouldn't want to write it to a temporary file.
>
> Any suggestion and code example welcome.
>
> Thierry.
>

> The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It
> contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named
> addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or
disclose
> it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us
immediately
> and then destroy it.

Jeremias Maerki

and then destroy it.