To my knowledge you don't need any special font for
the french character, just try to find the equivalent
unicode for the french  characters like é à .. from
the http://www.unicode.org and the replace these
character with their unicode.
  The another trick is using Editor which supports
unicode(XMLSPY does) as your XML editor, in this can
you don't need to replace the french characters with
unicode representation. XMLSPY will take care of this.

Regards
Balaji

 --- MARTIN Franck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I
want to use french characters. what is the default