> > now, the pagenumber is not displayed in the first
> > page.
> >
> > But, i need the page number start with 2 page is left
> > alignment and 3 page is right alignment.
>
> The same way, create different page masters for even and odd pages.

        That's right.  Extend my example to have page masters for firstPage,
otherPageEven, otherPageOdd.  Changed the named header regions to
firstPage-before, otherPageEven-before, and otherPageOdd-before.  Then use
the "odd-or-even" in the conditional-page-master-reference element to
distinguish them.

Here's an updated fragmentary example:

<fo:layout-master-set>

        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="firstPage">
                <fo:region-before region-name="firstPage-before"/>
                <fo:region-body/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>

        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="otherPageOdd">
                <fo:region-before region-name="otherPageOdd-before"/>
                <fo:region-body/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>

        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="otherPageEven">
                <fo:region-before region-name="otherPageEven-before"/>
                <fo:region-body/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>

        <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="contents">
                        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
                                master-reference="firstPage"
                                page-position="first"/>
                        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
                                master-reference="otherPageOdd"
                                odd-or-even="odd"
                                page-position="any"/>
                        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
                                master-reference="otherPageEven"
                                odd-or-even="even"
                                page-position="any"/>
        </fo:page-sequence-master>

</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="contents">

        <fo:static-content flow-name="firstPage-before">
                <fo:block>
                        Look!  No page number here.
                </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>

        <fo:static-content flow-name="otherPageOdd-before">
                <fo:block text-align="right">
                        p. <fo:page-number/>
                </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>

        <fo:static-content flow-name="otherPageEven-before">
                <fo:block text-align="left">
                        p. <fo:page-number/>
                </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>