ok, that makes more and more sense. That was also the feedback I got from
the FOP devs, that AWTRenderer is probably not threadsave, since it was
never designed to be - it was only designed to be a kind of testing tool,
to be used on the client.  What kind of graphics environment are you on?
Is there an X-Server on your UNIX box, or are you using this pja library
pja toolkit (http://www.eteks.com/pja/en/) as well?

In conclusion we should probably have a closer look on the AWTRenderer
source... which I have already done, though unfortunatly I am not an expert
on AWT and its multithreading issues. I don't see any obvious problems, but
I am sure there are implications of using java.awt.Font and FontMetric
classes that I did not realizing so far.

....  and debugging is painful here, because access to the multiproc box is
very restricted, and I only see the problem there, can't reproduce it on my
dev-box.

CSS Versicherung
Reto Blunschi EXTERNE
Rösslimattstrasse 40
CH-6002 Luzern
Telefon  ++41 (0)41 369 1236
Telefax  ++41 (0)41 369 1212
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.css.ch

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 10.02.2003 13:19:40

            Bitte antworten an [EMAIL PROTECTED]