Robertson, Jason wrote:
I've switched from the Sun 1.3.1_05 JVM to the IBM 1.3.1 build
cn131-20020403 JVM for various reasons. My PDF generation via FOP that work
perfectly with the Sun JVM is failing with the IBM JVM. When it's running, I
get many "illegal char value XX" error statements (from the ASCII85Filter
class) and the PDF is corrupt.

It's a well known bug in the IBM JVM. There should be an upgrade, ask your customer support.

Under FOP 0.20.4 I got many, many of these error statements with various char values in place of the XX. Under FOP 0.20.5rc I only get a handful, and they are all for value 32.

Hm, I thought the code change avoided the bug completely. I'll look into this later.

J.Pietschmann