Hi,
<BR/> is a HTML-thing. I don't think it has anything to do with
XSL-FO. Why don't you place each character in it's own <fo:block>? That's
what I should do.
Cheers,
Agnes
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: donderdag 13 februari 2003 13:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Writing top to bottom and controlling page break
Hello,
I need to write some text from the top to the bottom of the page to make a border... like that :
E
X
A
M
P
L
E
I wanted to use the "writing-mode" properties (Values: lr-tb | rl-tb | tb-rl | lr | rl | tb | inherit) but I saw it was not implemented in the FOP API yet.
I finally managed to do that with an XSL transformation which output that :
<fo:block font-size="18pt"
font-family="Helvetica"
font-style="normal"
font-weight="bold"
line-height="20pt"
space-after.optimum="0pt"
color="#A8A5A5"
text-align="center"
white-space-collapse="false">
C
U
R
R
E
N
T
A
F
F
A
I
R
</fo:block>
I used the XPath text() function to do that :
<xsl:apply-templates select="RESUME/* | RESUME/text()" />
<xsl:template match="text()"><xsl:value-of select="." /></xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="BR | br"><fo:block> </fo:block></xsl:template>
I putted the <BR /> tags during the XML serialization of my datas.
Thanks to help me if you have better idea ! =)
Another question, I have to work those days on a new XSL:FO layout that must manage fine page break system.
Is there a better way for handling that than using the XSL string-length() and sum() with an xsl:if tag ? Maybe with the space-after properties ?
Again, if you have better idea on the way to manage that ! Your help would be appreciated here ! :)
![]()
--------------------------------------------------------------
Simon OUALID
--------------------------------------------------------------
ARTE FRANCE
Analyste Programmeur
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
T�l : 01.55.00.70.70
Fax : 01.55.00.73.89
--------------------------------------------------------------
<<attachment: ATT715744.gif>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
