From: "Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Problem using ExampleObj2PDF using Oracle 9iasOC4J.

> Good to see that my code was worth the time and it gets used. :-)
>
> Let's see: What you do here has relatively little to do with the XML
> parser (Xerces or whatever). We're doing an XSL transformation here. FOP
> uses Apache Xalan per default. Oracle seems to have its own
> implementation. I don't have any idea why there's a ClassCastException
> without having the ability to debug in your environment. If you have the
> source code from JXTransformer, see if you can find out what it expects
> at line 207.
>
> As a workaround, try the following:
> Make sure you've got Xalan in your classpath. Then switch this line:
>
> TransformerFactory factory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
>
> with this:
>
> TransformerFactory factory = new
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl();

> This should make sure you get a Xalan transformer and not the JAXP
> default. (Disclaimer: not tested, just a shot from the hip)
>
> I hope this helps. Maybe someone else familiar with the Oracle
> enviroment has an idea.
>
> On 26.02.2003 10:07:42 Laurent Forêt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I have tried a program like the ExampleObj2PDF using the
> > AbstractObjectReader and the EasyContent...Proxy. It was working fine.
> >
> >     Now, Itry to deploy an EJB using the same code in a 9IAS OC4J
server.
> > The problem is now that the jaxp2 lib used in OC4J is not Xerces2 but an
> > Oracle implementation and I have the following exception :
> >
> > Rendering ...
> > java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > com.clipack.foprenderer.datasheet.SimpleDatasheetReader
> >         at
oracle.xml.jaxp.JXTransformer.transform(JXTransformer.java:207)
> >         at

com.clipack.foprenderer.FOPRendererManager.render(FOPRendererManager.java:62
> > )
> >         at

com.clipack.foprenderer.ejb.impl.FOPRendererBean.render(FOPRendererBean.java
> > :59)
> >         at

FOPRenderer_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper0.render(FOPRenderer_StatelessSession
> > BeanWrapper0.java:90)
> >         at

com.clipack.portal.presentation.renderer.SimpleDatasheetRenderer.render(Simp
> > leDatasheetRenderer.java:85)
> >         at _jsp._fopRenderer._jspService(_fopRenderer.java:59)
> >         at
> > com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(OrionHttpJspPage.java:56)
> >         at
oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspPageTable.service(JspPageTable.java:317)
> >         at
> > oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspServlet.internalService(JspServlet.java:465)
> >         at oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:379)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >         at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispa
> > tcher.java:721)
> >         at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletReq
> > uestDispatcher.java:306)
> >         at

com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandle
> > r.java:767)
> >         at

com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:259)
> >         at

com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:106)
> >         at

EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.ja