Title: RE: AW: TMCA

Folks, this is not the place for this kind of a conversation.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter B. West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 11:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AW: TMCA

Maybe the wiseguys around here should stop putting this non-English
speaker down and spare a thought for what he is saying.  Sure, acronyms
save some time, but there is a price.  I initially struggled with many
acronyms, and I am a native.  Add to that the fact that certain acronyms
(e.g. PITA) would be quite offensive to a non-native speaker unaware of
the idiomatic usage, who is simply translating verbatim.

The fact is that we are trying to cultivate a multi-cultural
environment.  Suggestions for improving that environment should be taken
seriously, even if, in the end, they are not acted on.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"