From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PDFRenderer.

Hmm, the PDF transcoder is only for one-page documents as far as I know.

I wouldn't fiddle with those Area classes. Do it with XSL-FO as Jörg
suggested. Try to come up with an XSL-FO or an XSL-FO generating XSLT
that puts together the layout you need. This will be a lot easier than
trying to make your current approach work.

>From what I think you do I'd do it like this:
- Create an XMLReader class (see
  examples/embedding/java/embedding/model/ProjectTeamXMLReader) that
  creates a SAX stream with your SVG documents along these lines:

<doc>
  <svgdoc>
    <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://......
    [..]
    </svg:svg>
  </svgdoc>
  <svgdoc>
    <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://......
    [..]
    </svg:svg>
  </svgdoc>
</doc>
- Write an XSLT that transforms this XML format to XSL:FO with embedded
  fo:instream-foreign-objects.

Tip:
To convert a DOM to SAX events you can use
org.apache.fop.tools.DocumentReader for example.

Just get back again if you need more help. Good luck!

On 09.04.2003 16:39:02 Leet, Ethan C wrote:

>       I have used PDF Transcoder for one page.
>
>       It works very well.
>
>       But what I am trying to do is create mulitple pages from 2D
> graphics.
>
>       My test is to create a PDF document with three pages.
>
>       For each page I create a SVG Document per page.
>
>       Render the SVG document onto the PDF page.
>
>       I don't know how to control the pages using the PDF transcoder.
>
>       Also since this is for a print service for supporting 2 graphics,
>
>       I have to be careful about space, cause the document printing could
> be 50 pages.
>
>       Any advice ?
>
>       Right now I am still fiddling with the Areas.

Jeremias Maerki