For completeness, some more interesting links:

http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/
The horse's mouth. Also contains links to implementations, tutorials etc.

A high end review of FO processors & their features:
http://www.isogen.com/papers/production-quality-xsl-fo.pdf
Published before this was released:
http://xmlroff.sourceforge.net/
which is a long way short of FOP yet anyway.

FOP remains a no-brainer choice, unless you need the extra features of the
commercial implementations.

Cheers,
Roland

> Here're links to some useful products from the FOP Resources page:
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html
>
> Here're a couple of things I found with a google of "xml to pdf":
>
>   http://www.xmlmill.com/
>
> XML Formatter from AntennaHouse:
>
>   http://www.antennahouse.com/
>
> BTW, on a side note, Victor, during that search I found this
> nice article:
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-x
ml/xmltopdf/

(it gives examples of how to create: a Shakespearean sonnet; a business
letter; definitions for several technical terms; some spreadsheet data;
a section from a technical manual; and a short section from Henry
Fielding's 18th-century British novel Tom Jones)

There's also this article onJava.com "XML to PDF? Oh, FOP It.":
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/10/16/fop.html

Kumar, Hemanth wrote:
> Are there any other products (preferably opensource)similar to FOP?.
> i.e. I need to generate PDF's from XML and I may not be allowed to use
FOP.