Hi,

Thanks Michael-- I think I fixed that and now I see the same problem so I have to check other files-- is there some kind of "foplint" program that can help me track these issues down? What do you use?

   Thanks, Jason

Partridge, Michael wrote:

Looks like you've got some content in a flow but outside of a block. Right at
the beginning of Chapter 6. Snippet:

   <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
     <fo:block font-family="sans-serif">
       <fo:block margin-left="-4pc">
         <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="24.8832pt">
           <fo:block hyphenate="false" space-before.maximum="12pt" space-before.minimum="8pt"
space-before.optimum="10pt" keep-with-next.within-column="always">Chapter 6. Portlet Service Framework</fo:block>
         </fo:block>
       </fo:block>
       <fo:block/>
     </fo:block>

Portlet services encapsulate business or logic operations that can be re-used
among portlets.
The use of portlet services helps to minimize the amount of logic placed in a
portlet and present it as
a reusable library to other portlets. In addition, portlet services offer the
following major advantages:
   <fo:list-block space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em" space-before.maximum="1.2em" space-after.optimum="1em"
space-after.minimum="0.8em" space-after.maximum="1.2em" provisional-label-separation="0.2em" id="N1055B"
provisional-distance-between-starts="1.5em">

Mike