i didn't see these addressed while skimming the FAQ, so my apologies
if answers are buried in there somewhere.

1) to my simple docbook document, i added a subsection to an existing
   section (abbreviations for brevity):

  </s>
 </s>

   in fact, literally, the sections have no content, i'm just throwing
   in empty sections to flesh out the skeleton of the document.

   the instant i added that subsection, i got

  [ERROR] file:/home/rpjday/ert/courses/gen/gen.fo:9:201 Flow
'xsl-region-body' does not map to the region-body
 in page-master 'blank'
make: *** [gen.pdf] Error 2

   certainly, that subsection is valid docbook.  is this another
   known bug?

2) my TOC does not list page numbers for the chapters themselves,
   only for their sections.  whenever i view the PDF file with "xpdf",
   every time i view the TOC page, i get a slew of

   Error: Bad annotation description

   apparently, one per chapter entry with a missing page number.
   suggestions?

rday