From: Schmidt Soren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip/>

I am reading in the chapter "PDF encryption" of FOP:
"In order to use PDF encryption, FOP has to be compiled with cryptography
support. Currently, only JCE is supported. JCE is part of JDK 1.4. For
earlier JDKs, it can be installed separately."

If the binary version is jdk 1.3 the users of pdf encryption can't use FOP
"out of the box" but they have to download the source. Am I right?

FOP is compiled by Ant. The JDK used for building the binary distribution is irrelevant, the depencies are handling by Ant. What matters is which JDK you are using. If you are using 1.3 then you will need the JCE jars on your classpath. if you are using 1.4 then you dont need to do anything.

Chris