From: Claudio De Bernardi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 12:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Adobe Reader 6.0 problem

I don't if the problem is similar to that I experienced some time ago. I had problem with Adobe Acrobat Plugin and Explorer (note that Netscape plugin and Acrobat window didn't have any problem).
With some pdf file (not all) streamed from servlet the only result I get was a blank page. Sniffing the tcp packet I discovered that Explorer was waiting for data while server terminated the connection. I had that problem only on a JBoss/Linux platform, the same code running on Weblogic/Solaris worked fine ( I think the actual difference was the XML parser ).
I  noticed that  the strange behaviour was related in some way to the file size. I "fixed" it by adding a white background image with size greater than 5K to the pdf page.
HTH
Claudio

Celine Murphy wrote:

Hi Derrick,

I was having a similar problem recently and i fixed it my changing my header settings in the response. They were Pragma, no-cache and Cache Control, no-cache. I changed them to use an expiry date instead.

I hope this helps.

Celine