Hi ,

I'm running currently in the following problem:

I have a two sided document with about 60 pages. So far so good, this is nothing special. But we need on the right sides a index-like block with a single letter in it. This letter should change on the content on this side. Example: The resulting document contains a table for Audi with n-pages, a table for Mercedes Benz with m-pages and so on. On the right pages for Audi there should be an capital 'A' , on the pages for Mercedes Benz there should be an captial 'M'.

I thought about the following solutions:

- changing the page-sequence depending on the first letter of the manufacturer name. But this would make a page-break, which isn't acceptable, because we'are wasting space
- put the letter in the table header , which will re-occur on each page: this would print it on every side, not only on the right ones

So here are my questions:

- is it possible, to change the region-end in a ongoing page-sequence ? means, i have to define 24 static content blocks and change it while processing the document. From my point, this would be acceptable, but i didn't find a hint on it.
- if I write an extension, is there the possibility to get the actual page-number to decide, if it's odd or even and then print the content or not ? (Like the continued label extension ...)

Does anybody has another idea?

Thanks in advance!

Witrh best regards
Carsten Rogas