<snip/>

> I got the following new exception...
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: exception
> occurred in
> JNI_OnLoad
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1298)
>        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:749)
>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:820)
>        at
> sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:53)
<snip/>
>        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

However fop-unrelated, this gets interesting... Don't know for sure about
the 1.3 JVM,
but seems the VM is started with a security manager in place, requiring you
to explicitly
give permissions to the codebase ( i.e. using sun's policytool ).

> Now, does this mean that I don't have the Xserver running? If that is
> the case, why I am getting a  DOMException (as given below, "The current
> node (type: 2, name:contentStyleType) is read-only") when trying to
> convert the same svg file embedded in FOP? It will be great if you can
> clarify.

Haven't got experience with the headless server environment, but if my above
guess is right this might have sth to do with these permissions being
granted to the fop-codebase, but not to the batik-codebase ( so the
DOMException gives you a hint of what is to come when you do get the
rasterizer to run ...? )

Greetz,

Andreas Delmelle