Aaah... you *don't* need the image repeated across pages.

> The text header will be repeated as there is data in its table-body being
> continued after the page break. But there is no data in the
> table-body that

So, the image would actually belong to the table-body, and only the text
belongs to table-header (? correct?).
In that case my proposal could work, if it were not for the complication
described below.

> There occur line breaks in the rows (mostly generated within FOP caused by
> hyphenation), that i cannot calculate that easy. Therefore i cannot set a
> fixed row height and i do not know how many rows there will be on
> a page. I
> tried to calculate these linebreaks according to the amount of text in the
> fields but that's quite dirty (and not completely functioning at all ...)

Very dirty indeed... Imagine having to deal with a situation like this and
having to base your calculations on the metrics of the particular font being
used. (for fixed-width fonts this would be a bit less complicated since you
can just take the number of chars and multiply that by the charwidth).

> I think i will try to get some other things working first and come back to
> this one next week. Sometimes a weekend of doing nothing helps more than
> days of thinking ;-)

Very wise indeed!

Cheerz,

Andreas