J.Pietschmann wrote:
Peter:

I think it points to the fact that we will have to provide a custom ant build, optional.jar and library dependencies, including junit.jar.

That's not necessary if people install a proper binary ant distro.

It's somewhat like the FOP binary distro: we provide a pre-built
jar offering Jimi, JAI and crypto support, something which people
building FOP from source not necessarily get.

Just had a look at the Ant binary optional.jar. It's got everything but the kitchen sink, including the junit stuff.

Would Maven cover the Jimi/JAI/Crypto stuff for us?

Peter