So you are using tables in a static content I presume? Is the height of the
corresponding region set to a size large enough to contain all the rows?

For this effect:

<snip />
>                               page 1 of 5

check the examples that came with fop, under
FOP_HOME/examples/fo/markers/hide.fo
(and also http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages )

Hope this helps!

Cheers,