On Mar 25, 2004, at 1:39 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
Waggershauser, Thomas wrote:

Hello,
I need Hyphenation Patterns for german and french language. These are not available at the fop-homepage, but a reference to a tex source. Its mentioned that its possible to convert the tex-format to the fop xml-format. I tried really hard to find out how to do this, but I got no idea.
Maybe here is someone who can help me...

I have never done the conversion myself, but heard that it is actually quite tricky. The french and german hypenatation patterns used to be distributed with older versions of FOP, 0.20.4. Older versions of FOP binaries can be downloaded from the website. So I suggest you download and install FOP 0.20.4 and then extract the hypenatation files from there.

Chris

I believe that, due to licensing issues, the hyphenation patterns have been removed from old binaries (hence the 'a' in 0.20.4a, 0.20.3a, etc.). I suspect that the best course of action is to follow the instructions on the FOP Hyphenation page[1] to convert TeX hyphenation patterns. The FOP developers sincerely regret that the hyphenation patterns had to be removed. If you have problems with the conversion, please don't hesitate to ask for help on this list.

  http://xml.apache.org/fop/hyphenation.html

Good luck!

Web Maestro Clay