So, along the lines of manual column balancing, I'm now using this:

<fo:block text-align="justify" break-after="column" text-align-last="justify">
text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text
</fo:block>
<fo:block text-align="justify">
text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text
</fo:block>

with the intention that I can use XLST to decide where to break the text (string length/2 I guess). However, the text-align-last="justify" just doesn't seem to kick in but it's crucial to simulate the flow of the paragraph to the next column. The last line in the block is definitely NOT justified; the block looks the same with or without the text-align-last="justify" attribute. Strangely, text-align-last="center" does work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

AgentM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]