Hi,

Use fo:marker to achieve this. Example: Show the title of the current chapter
in the page's footer:

1. Somwhere in your Stylesheet you define a marker

<xsl:template match"chapter/title>
        <fo:block>
        <fo:marker marker-class-name="sect-footer"/>
            <fo:block><xsl:value-of-select="."/></fo:block>
        </fo:marker>
    </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

2. Use the marker's content in your footer:

    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
        <fo:block font-size="10pt">
            <!-- this will retrieve the marker's content -->
            <xsl:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="sect-footer"/>
        </fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>

Note that the marker-class-name attribute must be unique within the layout area.

Regards
Klaus