Manjush wrote:

Hi
Can we change the header and footer of the PDF in between say 1-3 a
specific footer then 4-5 another then 6-10 yet another?

This is straight forward. You need to create a fo:page-sequence-master like this:

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="all">
<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="1to3" maximum-repeats="3"/>
<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="4to5" maximum-repeats="2"/>
<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="6to10" maximum-repeats="5"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

and then reference it from your page sequence:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="all">

..

</fo:page-sequence>

The requirement is to generate multiple pdf's (with separate layout and
header/footers) as one single pdf by appending. So my plan was to append
the XML's together. But the page margin specs and the header/footers
were specified per document. Any suggestions?

I dont think you need to do this.

Is there any way to append multiple pdf's in some other way? (using some
other tools?)

iText is a great tool for post processing PDF files. You can find a link to iText on the web site:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html#products-pdf

Chris