From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:28 AM
To: Vinuta Nagaraddi
Subject: Re: Need text to flow outside the block

Vinuta Nagaraddi wrote:

> Yes, I am using block container for absolute positioning. I am setting
> left, top, width, and height attributes which can not be changed.
There
> are two situations:
> 1.  Text is too long and not all the text is being displayed. I have
put
> the text into a table because I wasn't able to use the display align
> property on the block container. Ex:

Huh? display-align should work on block-container according to
compliance page:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-display-align

<snip/>

> I need to make the text in both situations overflow the block
container
> boundaries.

There is no easy way to get this working with FOP. The possible options
as I
see them:

1) redesign your document so that absolutely positioned text doesn thave

variable height.
2) redesign your stylesheet/FO making use of an outer table with nested
tables. This is difficult to explain in an e-mail, but I have had to do
this
myself for a customers rather complicated statement with lots of
absolutely
positioned items.
3) I hate to admit defeat, but you may have to consider a commercial
XSL-FO
formatter.

<snip/>

Chris