Yes, that does make sense!

Many thanks for the tip.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 July 2004 09:50
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Detecting errors in rendering

Richard Evans wrote:
> I've tried implementing my own Logger and using Driver.setLogger and
> this does catch some errors.  However other errors (bad property
> formats, etc) seem to be reported via the static 'screen logger'.  I
> don't see how I can use the screen logger safely in a multi-threaded
> environment.

The screen logger is set by:

MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);

However, as you've noticed, in a MT environment, the messages for different
threads will be mingled together. The way I solved this problem, was to
create
a logger that can have many listeners which each register with the logger.
The
constructor for each listener records the thread name, and when starting a
new
thread, a new listener is registered with the logger. The logger then passes

its events to registered listeners whose thread name matches the current
thread.

I hope this makes sense.

Chris