From: Glen Mazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FOP hangs at Driver driver = new Driver(); line
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

Take a look at the examples on our embedding page
(http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html) to make
sure you're following the general syntax needed.

I assume you're using current production 0.20.5, our
sample servlet
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/FopServlet.java?rev=1.5&view=markup)
may also be of help to you.

Glen

--- Manfred Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > there was a spelling mistake in my previous email: > org.java.fop.apps.Driver.java should be > org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.java > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Manfred Reuter > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 11:03 PM > Subject: FOP hangs at Driver driver = new > Driver(); line > > > Hi, > > I'm using FOP (creating adhoc pdf reports) that is > called from a servlet on a JRUN 3.1 machine (JDK > 1.4.1) and have trouble to initialize the "Driver" > class. Actually it seems as it would hang at this > point ... no exception, no error message ... > I tried already adding > if (cl == null){ > cl = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(); > } > to Service.provider() method in > org.java.fop.apps.Driver.java to rule out a class > loader issue. I found the code somewhere in the > archive of this email list, but I found out the > program doesn't reach this particular code at all. > > Any help is highly appreciated. > > Thanks and regards, > Manfred