Alexander Lohse wrote:

First off, please do not mail FOP committers directly. Use the mailing list, we all monitor the user list.

Hi,

I have a urgent need to get a certain rendering done, where FOP fails badly.
It is about block-containers/columns and fixed heights.
It is a very simple xsl:fo.
I sent along a complete test case together with two PDFs: one from XEP, which is exactly as expected and one from FOP.
Can anyone please take a look at these files?
And tell me how big the effort would be to make FOP render this correctly, if stuff like this is in progress, and maybe if there is anything I could do to come closer to what I need.

Ive looked at your XSL-FO and the reason content does not flow into the second column is because you've used block-containers. block-containers are not properly implemented in FOP 0.20.5. However, maybe you dont need to use block-containers. In your sample, it looks like you are using block-containers to fix the height of a paragraph. Well, you can achieve the same affect using a table, and the good news is tables will flow onto the second column. To fix the height of a row in a table, just specify height on the fo:table-row element.

<snip/>

Chris