/bump

-----Original Message-----
From: Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 4:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Border issue

Ok, I've stripped my example down even further.  I've eliminated all
"padding" attributes.  I have background-color enabled on a single cell.
I also am now using borders only on table-cell elements.  I turned off
the outside border on the table in case it was a problem.

In the new example attached here, the background color is clearly
bleeding all over the place (especially since I set it only for a single
cell).  I can see no attributes left in my XSL-FO to explain it.  If I
move background-color to the fo:block, the pattern is the same.  My
understanding of the XSL-FO spec was that padding pushed out beyond the
borders and that was why you suggested eliminating padding.

Is there any hope of using background color (or a workaround that
achieves the same effect) in 0.20.5?  Your response seems to indicate
that I should not be seeing this behavior.