On Aug 6, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Nuno Lopes wrote:
Hello,

I was trying to make some PDFs of the PHP manual when I got some problems.
The manual is written in docbook and then I have a XSL sheet. I can generate
the manual in english, portuguese, french,... but not in russian.

When I open the file I only get #####. What am I doing wrong?
I've tried using FOP directly with XML, and with a FOP file generated by
xsltproc, but noone works.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks,
Nuno

This thread should take place on the fop-user mailing list instead of fop-dev. Most (all?) fop-dev list readers read both, so it's sure to be seen. fop-dev is for FOP *development* issues. Since I'm moving this thread to fop-user I've Cc'd you on this reply to ensure you received this message.

I suspect you are having a problem with fonts an glyphs. Did you take a moment to read the FAQ? There's a question involving "#" characters here[1].

If you have any other questions or this doesn't help you resolve the issue, please post follow-up questions to this thread on fop-user.

Good luck!

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters