I'm not sure how the internals of the fop system work, but on some systems you
can trick them into recognising the link as an image by appending something
like &dummy=file.jpg to the url.  When the processor see's the .jpg at the end
of the url, it assumes the proper content type for the document.  Also make
sure the servlet is returning the proper content type.
  (*Chris*)

Hi Chris,
   Thanks for your reply. but i tried this as well. it
didnt work..
heli

src="url(http://localhost:7001/crisp/servlet/BinaryServlet/QueryId=55100&SequenceNo=1&MimeType=jpeg)">

src="http://localhost:7001/crisp/servlet/BinaryServlet/QueryId=55100&SequenceNo=1&MimeType=jpeg