John,

it would be nice to have it. Then I could use width and height in percent to recompute the scale don't I ?

Anyway I am not sure if I am able to integrate it into FOP because I started with XML and XSLT week ago what my colleagues did not finish...

Thanks,
Vasek

John Burgess wrote:
Vasek

By default fop assumes bitmaps are 72dpi so it will spread a 144x144 pixel
bitmap across 2 inches in width and height.
However, if you tell it the size you want
ie width="1cm" height="1cm"
then it will produce the bitmap at that size.

If your bitmaps are all of different sizes then I have written a java class
for use as an xslt extension that reads the bitmap and reports back the
width and height in pixels.  I can submit the source code and the jar if
there's interest - I've only tested it with jpegs but it should work with
any bitmap type supported by the javax.imageio package.  I believe there is
a plug in that will do GIFs though it's not part of the standard
distribution because of the lzw patent problem.

John