It is true that border attributes are defined for fo:region-body but if
you read the whole chapter 6.4.13, you will find the following sentence:

"In version 1.0 of this Recommendation, the values of the padding and
border-width traits must be "0"."

This has the effect that fo:region-body may not have a border (if I read
that correctly).

On 26.09.2004 21:02:30 Sascha Schmidt wrote:
> Just want to say, that IMHO the spec allows border attributes for
> fo:region-body. See here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice6.html#fo_region-body
>
> "
> ... The following properties apply to this formatting object
> (fo:region-body):
>
> [7.7 Common Border, Padding, and Background Properties]
> [7.10 Common Margin Properties-Block]
> [7.20.1 "clip"]
> [7.25.2 "column-count"]
> [7.25.3 "column-gap"]