Thanks Adreas,I will work it from here. Its realy a fantastic idea.
Regards
Rohit

                      "Andreas L.

                      Delmelle"                To:      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         cc:

                      ndora.be>                Subject: RE: Applying multiple
styles using span tag problem

                      11/24/2004 05:57

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to fop-user

[Slight adjustment + addition:]

> <xsl:template match="span">
>   <fo:block>
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="@style" />
>   </fo:block>
> </xsl:template>

You can create an fo:block or an fo:inline here, depending on whether the
span has any span ancestors, or better even, create a separate matching
template for it.

> <xsl:template match="@style">
>   <xsl:param name="prop-string" select="." />

And to make this latter template a bit more generic --and to add a level of
control over the generated property names/values--, you could provide a
mapping of some sort in a separate XML or in a different namespace in the
stylesheet...

Greetz,

Andreas