Stupid of me. I wrote an example last year and didn't even remember.
Maybe that's a better starting point. Sorry.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleAWTViewer.java?hideattic=0&rev=1.1&view=log

Also note, that Translator is a class, not an interface. Make sure you
have the right imports (meaning you use the right class and not some
other interface).

On 23.12.2004 14:20:16 Lawford, Mark : Enable wrote:
> Okay, thanks for that.
>
> I did notice the following though:
>
> translator = new Translator(Locale.getDefault());
>
> The same line in my code complains as Translator is an interface.
>
> "The type org.apache.fop.viewer.Translator is not a valid type"

Jeremias Maerki