The Web Maestro wrote on Friday, December 17, 2004 4:17 PM:

> On Dec 17, 2004, at 6:54 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
>> Sönke Ruempler wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to setup a page layout with 2 columns. The page background
>>> should have a background-color while the columns' backgrounds
>>> remain white. How is that possible? I did not find how to set the
>>> background for the whole page, but only for the columns, maybe it's
>>> a mix of padding's and backgrounds.
>>
>> Not totally clear on what you are trying to achieve, but couldnt you
>> just set background color on the static regions and leave the body
>> region without a background color?
>>
>> Chris
>
> I think the user wants the bgcolor in the margins and between the
> columns. If nothing else, you should be able to add a background-image
> (the image would just be your one color) to the region-body, and then
> assign the background-color of each column to white.

Now I have:

<xsl:template match="doc">
        <fo:root>
                <fo:layout-master-set>
                        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="PageMaster">
                                <xsl:attribute
name="page-height">297mm</xsl:attribute>
                                <xsl:attribute
name="page-width">210mm</xsl:attribute>
                                <fo:region-body background-color="#CCCCCC">
                                        <xsl:attribute name="column-count">
                                                <xsl:value-of
select="$column-count"/>
                                        </xsl:attribute>
                                </fo:region-body>
                                <fo:region-before extent="10mm"
display-align="after"/>
                                <fo:region-after extent="10mm"
display-align="before"/>
                        </fo:simple-page-master>
                </fo:layout-master-set>

                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="PageMaster"
background-color="#FFFFFF" >
                        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"
background-color="#FFFFFF" margin="15mm 15mm 15mm 15mm">
                                <xsl:apply-templates />
                        </fo:flow>
                </fo:page-sequence>
        </fo:root>

</xsl:template>

But I can't get the background of the columns set white. Also the margin
works only for left and right, not for top and bottom.

Any Ideas?

--

Thx, soenke.