Kumar:

Victor answered my similar question last month (snipped below).

>Louis.Masters wrote:
>
>> In order to get around some memory issues, I am creating
>> multiple page sequences on my reports.  The problem is, every
>> time a new page sequence is created, a new page is created.
>> Is there any way I can tell FOP not to insert the page break
>> after the page sequence?
>>
>> I know it sounds _funny_ to not have page breaks when there
>> is a new page sequence, but I am just using the page
>> sequences to break up the memory use in FOP.
>
>No, there is no way to do what you are trying to do. Even putting the
>practical aspects aside (which are overwhelming), it would be a violation
of
>the XSL-FO standard.
>
>Victor Mote

-Lou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOG-NET, Inc.
The Logistics Network Management System
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
230 Half Mile Road
Third Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701
PH: 732-758-6800
FAX: 732-747-7497
http://www.LOG-NET.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED
Unless otherwise indicated or if obvious from the nature of the content,
the information contained herein is privileged and confidential
information/work product. The communication is intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this transmission is
not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any
notify the sender immediately by telephone (732-758-6800) or by electronic
mail ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), and destroy any copies, electronic, paper or
otherwise, which you may have of this communication.  Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      "Puppala, Kumar

                      (LNG-DAY)"                  To:      "'[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         cc:

                      snexis.com>                 Subject: Page Sequence Master

                      02/03/2005 10:19

                      Please respond to

                      fop-user

I have a page sequence master defined as shown below:
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="my-sequence" >
 <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="first-body-page"/>
 <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
master-reference="middle-body-pages"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

This sequence holds good for each individual document in my application.
But
there are times when I need to generate multiple documents within a job and
so I use this sequence repeatedly and it works fine. The only problem is
that each time a new document is generated, it starts on a new page (since
we are starting a new sequence for this document). I am looking at some
option to control this. In some cases I want each individual document to
start on a new page but in other cases I would like my next document to
start off on the remaining empty page left out by my previous document.
Going with one big sequence containing all the documents might work but it
will be a performance issue as our documents can get real big. Any help to
solve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kumar Puppala