Hi Richard,

<snip />
> Thank you for checking this out. Here's what this helped me determine:
>
> 1) Even after moving the fo:region-body up two lines it still does not
> work. I am using a build of FOP from 2004/05/29. IIRC, I had to move to
> this quite a while back for JDK reasons.

So you are using a version checked out of CVS (with tag HEAD)? In that case,
I'm quite sure column-span was not yet implemented in May last year, so
there could be your problem...

> Before trying to build a new version of FOP CVS HEAD (I believe I tried
> recently and had problems with Sun JDK 1.5 sp1) can anyone see problems
> in my servlet code? Below are the relevant parts.

Either switch back to the maintenance version --0.20.5-- or you will need a
new build --AFAIK the current development version should compile without
problem--, and with the new build also some modifications to your code, as
for instance the Driver object has disappeared in the meantime...

Just give us a yell if something still remains unclear.

Greetz,

Andreas