>From: delbd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>Subject: Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
>Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:49:26 +0200
>
>Hi,
>
>I downloaded FOP 0.20.5 and embedded it in a webapplication. works great.
>
>First, i see no org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker (seems replaced by org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListBuilder but not sure)
>Then, i see no ElementMapping$Maker too.
>
>According to one of your mail, you are using fop 0.20.5
>
>Here i have source of fop 0.20.5 with org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.java
>
>at line 221 i see
>
>  _treeBuilder = new FOTreeBuilder();
>
>As you can see, no reference to ElementMapping$Maker or PropertyListMaker
>Looks like you got the wrong sources or have some old fop libraries/classes somewhere else on your
>system messing up things.
>
>Le Mardi 19 Juillet 2005 09:45, Samuel Remacle a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed FOP in my application, but unfortunately I'm having some problems to do this.
> >

> > First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the sample application ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to test my application, I got the following error:
> >

> > Exception in thread main
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker
> >

> >  at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)
> >

> >  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)
> >

> >  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)
> >

> > I checked the code of my application, but I couldn't find any error (the code is almost the same as in the sample apllication).
> >

> > So I decided to test the sample application ExampleFO2PDF, and I got the same error (I was expecting it).
> >

> > After seaching the web for a solution, I found (in a CVS commit) the code of the "missing interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this interface to the package and I tested again both applications, and then I got another error:
> >

> > Exception in thread main
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMapping$Maker
> >

> >  at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)
> >

> >  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)
> >

> >  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)
> >

> > I searched the web once again but I could not find the code of the "missing class". So I decided to test the FOP application (given with the FOP API). I tested it with y FO file, and it worked, I got my PDF file without any problem. So I tried to embed FOP in my application using the code the the FOP application (wich is different from the code of the sample application), but I got the same errors.

> [...]

Yes, I also looked for these classes and I could not find them, and I also looked in the Driver class code.

I don't know how I could have the wrong sources or binaries because I downloaded them on the Apache website, and I'm sure I don't have another version of FOP on my system because all I installed on it (related with Java) is Oracle JDeveloper 10g and FOP doesn't come with this program...

Sam